Monday, June 27, 2011

Holy crap pound cake!

So, pound cake.  You think of that awful dry stuff they sell in the grocery store.  You hate it.  So do I.  But that is not pound cake.  This is pound cake.  
Okay, so this is pound cake plus fresh strawberries.  But whatever.  It's so good.


However.  It's not as good as it could be.  I once had a party, to which a friend brought the best pound cake I had ever had in my life.  I literally could not stop eating it, this pound cake was so magical.  And the worst part was, it was a secret recipe.  She'd had to beg a friend for the recipe, and was now not sharing.  All I knew was it involved cream cheese.
The recipe I used also involved cream cheese.  And don't get me wrong, it was good.  I mean, look at this crust:
Yummers.  But there was something just not as good about this pound cake, I guess I expected it to be a little more moist?
So anyway.  The pound cake came to work, the girl with the secret magic recipe came by to get some, and then decided the time was right to give me her magic recipe.  And...
it was the same recipe I used.  The magic was not the recipe.   The magic was her ability to make pound cake.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment