Monday, January 16, 2012

Cheesecake turducken

I am all about the fusion of desserts - the dessert turducken, if you will.  Brownie in a cookie?  Yes please.  Cookie dough in a pie crust?  Of course.  Brownie in a cheesecake?  Died and gone to heaven.  It is a miracle of self restraint that this cheesecake ever made it to work, where everyone loved it as much as I did.
Be warned, this is one of those recipes that you'll see and you'll be like "OMG I HAVE TO EAT THAT NOW OR MY LIFE WILL BE INCOMPLETE."  Like, looking at the picture now makes me go 'hmm, maybe I should make that again,' and I am actually eating cheesecake right now.  It doesn't matter.  I want more.
Other than that, the recipe is straightforward (but definitely go for the 'double crust' option, there is something about the combination of Oreo and salt and butter that is perfection), and as a fun bonus the recipe makes extra brownies.
Mayhaps the next time I make this I'll throw in some pieces of cookie, too, and really go for the dessert turducken, but I'm not sure if that would make this even better or just ruin perfection.  Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment