Friday, March 11, 2011

Vegan baking, take 1

So for Lent, I'm subjecting myself to torture going vegan.  This presents a challenge to baking, what with the lack of butter and eggs, and the fact that I've decided to give up refined sugar, too.  Going vegan has not stopped my craving for sweets, so I decided to whip up a quick chocolate "mousse".  There's many a variation of this recipe floating around on the internet, but I did
1/4 of an avocado
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. agave nectar
splash of kahlua and amaretto (because if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a lush)
Just throw these in the blender and mix.  My blender didn't quite enjoy this so much so I ended up having to smush in a few pieces of the avocado with a fork.  Then it goes in the fridge for a bit and...yum!
It looks a lot like pudding.  I usually hate pudding.  But this is so much better than pudding.  Thicker, richer, more delicious, and totally vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment