Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bourbon balls

So, I recently discovered whiskey.  I mean, I always knew that it was a thing, but I recently discovered that it is something I enjoy in mixed drinks, baked goods, and am working toward enjoying on its own.  So when a friend asked (demanded) that I make these and someone else contributed the bourbon, I was happy to oblige.
Really there's no need to go through the effort of cooling and forming into truffles, you could just eat this with a spoon.  Or a straw.  But people would judge you.

I used a bag and a half of Ghiradelli bittersweet chips instead of the dark chocolate because it was what I had on hand, and I think they turned out well.  I also stuck the ganache in the fridge to speed up the cooling time, and I think I'd recommend just leaving it at room temperature, because some of the chocolate cooled too much and was hard to get out of the pot.
They're great, and they taste like they'll get you drunk, but alas, they do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment