Saturday, May 14, 2011

OMG bread pudding

I recently made the. best. bread. pudding. EVER.  It's magical.  I based on this recipe and made a few additions.  I used an entire loaf of french bread, because I wasn't going to do anything with the rest of it, and the called for 6 cups of bread cubes did not really fill out the pan like I wanted them to.  I went with the called for amount of custard stuff and soaked the bread for about 4 hours.  After soaking, it didn't quite seem like enough liquid, so I threw in another egg, some sugar, and 3/4 cup of milk.  While baking, it started looking a smidge dry and I had some cream left over, so I just poured that on top.
And, wow.  So moist and yummy.

I wanted amaretto sauce to go with, so I made this and was thoroughly unimpressed. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment