Monday, May 9, 2011

Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love me some Jacques Torres (the Wicked bar is my favorite).  If you go to the store in New York, they do some great stuff with ice cream sandwiches in which you pick two cookies and they shove the ice cream flavor of your choice in the middle.  Delishus.
I'd been dying to try recreating the cookies at home for awhile.  Alas, these did not come out tasting as I remember them.  This may have something to do with the fact that I just used all purpose flour in place of the suggested bread and cake, and that I didn't have the fancy chocolate disks they used.  They weren't bad cookies, but they weren't my favorite ever made (that would be between a Levain-like recipe and Emeril).  However, the ones I brought to the office disappeared quite quickly, and the techs I originally baked them for raved about them, so make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment