Monday, May 9, 2011

Bread pudding

My newest dessert addiction is bread pudding.  SO DELICIOUS.  And shockingly easy to make.  Mix some milk and eggs, dump it over some bread, bake, done.  I had half a baguette leftover from a wine and cheese party, so I decided to make the most of it with this recipe.  Due to the fact that half a baguette is definitely not three cups of bread, I made some alterations to the other quantities.  I made the whole thing in an 8x8 pan, used 2 eggs, a little more than 3/4 cup each of milk and sugar, and I also added a tsp. of almond extract along with the vanilla.  I cut the quantities for the pecan/butter/sugar topping in half, too, but if I made it again I'd actually make all of that part, as it wasn't quite enough to really cover the top of the pudding.  If doing it again, I'd also probably go with 3 eggs and more milk; everything was a bit on the dry side.
I want to promise that this was much more delicious and much less pathetic than it looks, but I'm in a weird emotional place and a chronic eater of feelings, so my opinions on food cannot be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment